See the Changelog for list of features and fixes.
ScarletFire's Build: Windows Preview
Thanks to the help and tireless dedication of user thescarletfire, and after weeks of testing, restructuring, fixing and improving, I'm happy to be able to offer one of the biggest updates to SoulseekQt in a very long time. These are the big three changes/additions:
- For ScarletFire's build, SoulseekQt was ported from Qt4 to Qt5. The result is a cleaner user-interface, and better Windows 8 support.
- Massively improved memory utilization thanks primarily to Google's sparse hash-map, a hyper-efficient data container that uses about half as much memory as its predecessor. More efficient indexing of your shared files should further contribute to the amount of memory saved.
- The ability to share folders privately and visibly. Private visible shared files will appear at the bottom of the search results list and when browsing a user's share with a lock icon next to them. You may also turn off the display of private visible shared files if you do not wish to see them. In all cases, private visible shared files will only appear to users of this build or newer.
Smaller improvements include:
- SoulseekQt now connects to the Soulseek server on port 80, which is less likely to be blocked by ISPs.
- The initial re-scanning of shares at startup should no longer cause the client to freeze.
- Retrieval of your shared files list by another user should now be a lot faster.
- Change account password feature.
- Various memory leaks were eliminated.
- You should now be able to browse your own share and perform any other P2P functions with yourself.
- Listening port number is randomly generated the first time the client is run.
- Part tokens in incoming search requests are now properly processed.
Though a great deal changed for the better, new problems are possible and even likely considering the vast restructuring of code that took place between this build and the last. This is also the reason I'm only able to offer a Windows build for the time being. I'll be adding links to the download page for the other platforms as I complete the ports.
For now, the Windows build:
[link removed, please use the download page]